It seems like every Whole 30 site has their own take on ‘egg roll in a bowl.’ Why is it so popular? Well, because it’s packed with flavor, texture, and incredibly delicious. Plus it’s easy to make, and will quickly help you forget about all the foods you are missing while doing Whole30.
- 1 lbs of ground pork.
- 1/2 Medium Sized Red Onion (diced)
- 6 Green Onions
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Purple Cabbage
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 4 Tbl. Coconut Aminos (Soy Sauce substitute)
- 1 Tbl. Red Pepper Sauce (Sriracha substitute)
- 3 Tbl. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbl. Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Cup Whole 30 Compliant Mayo (egg, olive oil, salt, ground mustard, lemon juice)
- 2 Tbl. Red Pepper Sauce (Sriracha substitute)
- Whisk together
- In a large skillet or wok heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add red onion and white ends of green onion diced finely. Cook for 3-5mins until onions begin to soften.
- Add ground pork and season with salt and pepper, continue cooking and breaking up pork until cooked through (aprx. 7mins).
- Add grated ginger and garlic and cook for an additional 1-2mins.
- Add Coconut Aminos (or Soy Sauce if not keeping Whole30), 1 tbl. red-pepper sauce, and rice wine vinegar and mix thoroughly. Then add cabbage and carrots and continue cooking for 4 – 5 mins. If the mixture looks dry add a bit more coconut aminos or olive oil.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowl.
- Garnish with diced green onions; mayo/sriracha sauce; and sesame seeds.